Im getting married and am having the HARDEST time picking a theme and color for the wedding party to wear. The wedding is in august... any suggestions...

anismami

Asked by anismami at 8:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was married in August and had my brides maids in a pretty sage green. Then I used pink and white for the flowers. In retrospect I wish I had gone with more jewel tones because that is what I really like, but the sage green was very pretty.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I show on some wedding show, a very elegant wedding where the bridesmaids wore black dresses. Any style black dress they choose to wear. It looked really classy and elegant.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• in aug. either the aug. birth stone color!!!
    or i see a pretty orange color like that starburst orange. since its still summer but almost fall.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I love jewel tones, but really anything goes. August is bright and sunny, so you could do something different and do yellow and orange, or go with your fav colors. A friend of mine got married in November, and each bridesmaid wore a different color, and her theme was just "fall". One wore yellow, one wore orange, one wore purple, one wore green.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I was thinking for August orange-y, auburn-y, maroons.. Things like that. Because it is the end of summer/almost fall I would definitely use the upcoming foliage as inspiration.
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 9:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Why not go with you favorite colors? Thats what I did. We were married in september my coloes were ivory, lavendar, and purple
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I am a june bride and I am doing white and black.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Go to theknot.com for ideas.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It helps to check out the colors of the room. I was interested in a Burgundy color, but the church had bright red carpeting. So I went with gold colored long skirt and vest, it was an fall wedding.
    My flower girls were dresses as fairies with wings.
    I love the renaissance theme with lots of flowers and ribbons with live period music. You could show up in a horse drawn carriage, have the minister dress up as a monk.
    What ever you decide, I hope it is all that you dreamed of.
    Diamond_D

Answer by Diamond_D at 11:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009