Can I apply for section 8 with my SO if we're not married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never applied for section 8 but I would imagine so if you guys live together, besides, these days it's probably more common to not be married.... :o(
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• whats section 8? for poor ppl?
    Anonymous

• i am pretty sure that its based off of household - so as long as you live together you should be fine. i would just call to double check though. I know here they aren't accepting new applicants for section 8 though
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• anon. section 8 helps people of low income with housing. i dont know the details about it because as i said its closed here so I am not sure all the details.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 4 ppl who can spell PEOPLE.
    Anonymous

• Yeah. It will be the both of your incomes combined
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 9:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• YES!! legally you can .. you have to account all income in the house!! NO MATTER WHAT!!.. but there are always those out there who lie, (yes some may be reading this) and get away with it, which is not fair to our tax dollars seeing the states pays for it. So please if you most us it,be honest. Hey I was there once too but I decided to move when they changed my rent to $800 !! for the both of us (he moved in with me). Good Luck Hun.. and remember just be honest about it.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009