Does anyone choose to live in a state of oblivion?

I openly admit that I do NOT follow politics like I should. I've never found them interesting and can't make myself understand what goes on all the time. I'm constantly confused by remarks made regarding this senator or that President and blah blah blah. I'll be honest and say I haven't noticed one single thing Obama has done since he's gone into office.

I know I'm not the example here. And thank god some of you pay more attention than me. But is there anyone else that just can't really follow the whole thing?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's okay , it's just a bunch of propaganda and lies anyway. you're not really missing out on anything.
    Anonymous

• I think I was about 21 or 22 when I got into politics and studied it in school. Up until that point I didn't care at all. I think because it's so intense and detailed and complicated it's either something you love or hate.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I try to ignore all that mess. I understand it but I try not to let it get to me. Kind of the same...
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 9:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I'm 27...I really have no excuses. I wish I knew even where to start. But I don't. It's all so confusing.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I used to ignore it. Blissfully. Can't anymore. Once you get the bug, it's in you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yeah, it is a lot to take in. I mostly pay attention to who's in the white house and congress. I don't get into state politics because I haven't lived in my "home state" in over 10 years.

I would suggest some good sources for news but I know that will just open the door for people to call me a moron or idiot because they don't agree with those "biased sources".

Whitehouse.gov will give you the agenda of the president and NPR is a good source for news. I also like politico.com. It's tracking what P.O. has done since he's been in the White House.

It's a good thing that you're curious and want to learn..many people just read a forwarded email and run with it..lol.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I made a mistake. It's politifact.com that has the tracker.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

Why on earth would you say that to someone who is actually showing an interest in politics? You complain that Obama voted are stupid and uneducated yet when someone shows interest in learning you feed them your line of crap. You can't have it both ways.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Wow, Jackals. Your new avatar comes off as judgemental and hateful as some of your posts. Good job finding something that fits.
    Anonymous

• I'm in a partial state...LOL...I can get involved on some things, but sometimes, I honestly just want to forget about all the "news" in the world and just be happily oblivious inside my house with the family.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009