Avon Ladies Please Answer...

My mom is a Unit Leader for Avon. She was told that although she could do online recruiting she still had to meet with them face to face in order to do the training and hand deliver their first set of books...

What she want's to know is how do those of you that recruit online do that if the recruit is not in your area? Or don't you??

Do you just mail the books to them or something else. She asked me to find out... Please let me know how you ladies handle out of area recruiting??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's against the rules, and if you get caught doing it, you risk your business. AVON doesn't put up with it.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• So what's the point of recruiting online if you have to meet them face to face anyways??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't sell Avon but my mother in law does. I actually sell for their competitor. LOL I just think that is wrong that they would not let you recruit outside of your area. You should be allowed to recruit anywhere you want in the US. I don't see what the big deal is. That is more business and signups for them.
    GypsyEyezNY

Answer by GypsyEyezNY at 10:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I used to do Avon...and lost a ton of money!! Now I work with a company that does all the selling of products, delivery and billing! I just introduce people to it and I can do it INTERNATIONALLY. It seems very silly not to be able to recruit outside your local area...they had only started the online stuff when I got fed up with them shorting me products and running out of the popular items.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 10:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Hi! I personally have recruited a few women here on Cafemom. How would I meet them?? AVON mails out all the materials to them directly. I send out emails and keep myself available for questions. I would never go out of state to meet my new recruit. Kind of defeats the whole "Online recruiting" option . Hope this helps. Have a blessed day! Rosa :-)
    Caribe4U

Answer by Caribe4U at 9:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am sorry for your Mother but that to me is lost of friends and money. I am part of a company that does not have any limitations on who and where you can recruit and sell to. Hope she can get to the bottom of it.

Joanne
    fabulousmom1

Answer by fabulousmom1 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't see how anyone makes money with Avon. I love their products, so I know SOMEone needs to sell it, but it's not something I would risk an investment in. Uh.. no advice for you, JMO.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The recruits I get online I meet face to face with them to get them signed up. If I can not meet with them face to face I send in the referral info into Avon. And the District Manger closest to them gets them started & I get $20.00 for referring them.

There is no risk with Avon, you only pay $10 to start & that just covers your books and business materials you get when you sign up. But Avon has a 100% return garantee, and there is no other invesment other then books.
    kimmymay03

Answer by kimmymay03 at 3:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I just signed up to sell Avon on Monday (the 23rd) and she mentioned that they just started an online signup so you can recruit people online. That way if you had family out of state or something they could still sign up under you. She hadn't used it yet so I think it just came out but I do think that you can do it now.
    vfuemmel

Answer by vfuemmel at 4:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• That is rediculous. I think they need to change their rules. I market for Jerky Direct and I would say most of my work with recruiting is done online and not one of my members in local. I train them online with yahoo groups, my own personal training I created, training from corporate, and more. People are welcomed to do what works for them and they are comfortable with.

I think they need to get up to speed with other direct marketing companies. I always thought Avon could recruit from anywhere , I guess I thought wrong.
    LisaMommy

Answer by LisaMommy at 9:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009