• In the Spotlight:

gift idea?

So being a single mom doing things basically on my own, I have been truly blessed by those who have helped me out in some way. I am always grateful and I thank everyone, but there is this one woman that my mom works with and before really meeting me, she had given me a BUNCH of clothes...just so happens she has a little boy who is almost 2 and my son is only 4 months. Then after my son was born, she gave me gifts for him and me! And now my mom has brought home a big box full of clothes and shoes for my little guy and all these clothes are super nice-Baby Gap, Osh Kosh, Old Navy most you can barely tell they were worn at all, including all the shoes! (Maybe they weren't) Anyway, she's moving and I'd love to give her a great gift of thanks for everything...any ideas?

newirishmommy

Asked by newirishmommy at 9:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• a bunch of homemade cookies and pot of flowers or sprouts.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Man, I want to be friends with 2mothershelpers up there!!! That sounds like a lovely idea. Cookies, a cake or even a casserole would be very nice of you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• How about gift cards to resturants? I know when I moved that helped so much!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thats awesome! What a sweet lady! I do gift baskets all the time for friends and gifts from my Avon website for less than $10. Get some of the Spring Hand lotions they're .99 and some nice stuff! You can see my site at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping
    and sweetie remember you don't have to go all out it is the thought that counts and its very nice that you did think of her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• A cookie basket, a potted flower, and something like a picture of you and your son to hang in her house with a note wrote on it saying how much you appreciate it.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'd get her a card with mine and my babys pictures on it and a Thank You note inside. I'd bake A TON of cookies and put them in a cute little gift basket. Does she collect anything? Inside her house, does she have Dolphin or Tiger figurines or is she a devoted Christian? I'd get her some type of figurine or something as well.

Good luck!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 1:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'd go with a gift card for a nice resturant
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• make her a video. To say thanks. of pictures of you guys together and your child wearing the clothes she got for him. With a nice song on it and it would be a great gift she can take with her, that you made and that she would probably enjoy.
    Jessimilla

Answer by Jessimilla at 12:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009