What does this quote mean to you?

Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It means Daschle will most assuredly become the world's biggest hypocrite the minute he shows the first signs of arthritis, hearing loss, or cataracts.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• TO me it means die old people die!
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 9:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• THAT WHOEVER SAID IT IS STUPID
    Anonymous

• Two things.

One: the meaning I take away from it is that old people just need to learn to deal with their pain and get over it.

Two: That the person saying this has likely not experienced a long term illness or disability and doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

I think both scenarios are correct.

Anonymous

• that we have become a botox nation. lol to praying's comment!
    MagicToenail

Answer by MagicToenail at 9:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I didn't mean to post anon- blah. My question.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well, in general I might say that the older generation is using more and more prescription medications that are costly and may really do little to give a quality of life; just prolong a life filled with medical complications.

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that came out of the mouth of our VP in exile, Joe Biden.
    Anonymous

• Oh. I think it's you pulling a quote that Daschle said in an attempt to make it look like Obama said it.

Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

The quote was in reference to not getting treatment for things that are not preventable or items associated with aging.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

You're wrong.

BTW, where was Cheney when he wasn't shooting someone?
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009