question about "no bashing" (no bashing)

Ok, I just have to ask... I'm sort of new to these kinds of forums, but I think the "no bashing" request is self-explanatory. The only thing I don't understand is why people say that when they're asking about something they have not yet done, they're just thinking of doing. For example, "Can I give my 6 month old Kookaid (no bashing)" or "Is 8 weeks too soon to start cereal (no bashing)?". I would understand if they said, "Ok, look I was dumb and gave my child koolaid, is it going to kill him (no bashing)" or "I can't read so I thought the box said "for babies over six WEEKS" (no bashing)." If you say "no bashing," isn't it like admitting that what you're considering doing isn't acceptable? If so, why are you thinking of doing it?

Anyone else noticed this? Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I find when people ask for no bashing, they know that their decisions probably aren't the best but want to ask anyway. is that what you mean? lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• yeah that makes sense lol.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i think they are just curious to know what other moms are doing or have done, and to not get bashed by other moms who think that it is poposterous(sp??) to do anything NOT by the book. thats all lol =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Sometimes the moms on here are very passionate and will sort of go to town on someone for being totally honest or because their view may not be popular. I see this a lot in the religion and relationship sections a lot. They may be looking for a solution so they say "no bashing"because they don't want to focus on the negative. Also they have asked questions in the past where others flew back mean, venomous answers, so they are afraid of the criticism, even if they aren't doing anything wrong.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I write no bashing on ALL of my questions because...its cafemom.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Because women come on this site for advice, not to be told they are bad moms, are stupid or lazy. Some women may truly not know and want honest helpful advice because they don't have family or friends to help them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009