Do you think that if you have a boyfriend of twelve years...

I have three children with my boyfreind of twelve years that we are practically marred eve3n though we havent actually got married? I feel at times that God is telling me something with the way my life goes sometimes, but the way the economy is going there is no way id be able to afford to go at it alone. please help.

maryaerics

Asked by maryaerics at 9:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• do it
    Anonymous

• stop having children with him first off.
    Anonymous

• your not legally married but you do have what is common law marriage, how do you feel things should be?
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• What do you think you should do? Get married or leave your bf?
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Charles Stanley says that we are to obey God and leave all the consequences to Him. I think God has probably shown you what you need to do, but you are looking at your own resources rather than His. He has promised to provide all our needs when we are obedient to Him and are trying to please Him in all our ways. It would be a huge leap of faith, but that is what He requires of all of us who seek to follow Him. God owns everything and He is more than willing to share what He has with His obedient children. I think you will be very surprised to see what He can do for you if you are willing to trust Him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I God's eyes you are married. It is the government that doesn't see it that way. If you are in a bad relationship, leave. If it is good then stay. If other things go wrong sometimes, that is life. God will not make things bad in your life because you are not legally married. Decide what you want out of life and live it how it makes you happy.

Anonymous

•   Anon...stop having children with him first off--  Go find something constructive to do with yourself..

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The children aren't the problem they are evidence of the problem which is sexual immorality.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Sexual immorality?By whose standards?Marriage is NOT a natural state.I am married,have been for 15 years.regardless of that,I would never call someone's children the "evidence of sexual immorality"!You make me want to say bad words!!

To the op.Your children are not.............whatever...........
    In any case,as I said to the other one,marriage is not a natural state.Marriage is manmade.Love and those children God gave you are natural acts.In the big scheme of things,marriage is rather new.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 12:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think you already know what to do and have for a long time. You are living in sin however it is up to you do decided to marry or not. We are instructed to obey the Lord in His loving commands than sacrifice.
    The reason you are perhaps asking is for validation and justification. I cannot validate or justify your sin neither can God but what God can do and does do is continue to love you regardless of how deep in sin you are. The first time you had sex is when you broke the rule of no sex before marriage, it was then you became one with your BF. In God's eyes you are already one. Marriage is the entering into a covenant relationship and a covenant promise to be together till death do you apart. The choice is yours.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009