No one likes a pet that begs and whines while you're trying to eat dinner..

But do you ever give in and slip them samples of your food, even though that means they'll just keep coming back for more??

My cat had finally stopped bugging me and my boyfriend anytime we try to eat.. but I gave in.. I gave him a piece of my string cheese...and some of the roast beef from my sandwich..

He's just too cute! ... I'm a bad owner... lol

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pets

• haha! I give in everytime! We have a cat that just became a mom and she beggs all the time! We put the dog outside during dinner time, cuz she will try to eat everyones food when their not looking and whines the whole time if she can't and will attack the cat for her food! Shes a bad dog!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• When we eat an actual meal, they are pretty good. But if we are snacking they do look pitiful. There are certain snacks that we'll give them more often than others and they know when we are eating those, too, and then they are even more pathetic. Popcorn and apples are some of their favorites. One of my dogs will come sit by the microwave when she hears the popcorn popping.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yuck, no way! My dad's dog gets table scraps and by the time dinner is over with, there's huge puddles of drool on the floor for everyone to walk through--blach!

I have a pit bull and a bulldog and I don't want to make the drooling worse than it already is, lol!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well, I'm going to sound like a mean mommy, but my dogs aren't even allowed in the room while we are eating. They certainly are not allowed to beg. They have their own food and treats that I don't try to eat. My friend always gives her dog something off her plate and it drives me nuts. When that dog begs me, I tell him to "BEAT IT!" That crap don't fly with me!!! He puts his head on her lap when she eats, it drives me NUTS!!!! He knows better than to do that to me anymore. I never give my dogs people food, than they try to go on strike and not eat their food thinking I will give in. I can't even give them soft food or they pull that crap. Nope, mean old mommy here.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Bridget,

I'm the same way! People food is off limits, and no begging allowed either. I had dinner at a friends house one night when my son was about a year old. My son was walking around and playing with some toys after he didn't want to stay in my lap (they didn't have a high chair). Their dog was begging for food under the table like it always does (and they take turns giving it food), and when my son came walking over to me to get a drink, the dog ran out from under the table and bit him because the dog thought my son was going to get some treat that was meant for it. I was pissed!!

Still can't tell those people they are doing the wrong thing though!!
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009