Thrush

Oh my poor Talon...he's so miserable.. Anyone else going or have gone through this?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My second daughter had thrush and I didn't know it. When she was fussy I thought she was teething and put orajel on her gums, which of course made it worse. It was by accident I took her to the dr. for something else and just offhandedly asked the nurse about the white spots in her mouth. Thank goodness I did and they gave her antibiotics and cleared it up within a couple of days.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thrush is kind of like a yeast infection. Get Nystatin from your doctor. You have to keep up on it or it will come back. Put it both on your nipples as well as all over the inside of your baby's mouth.You may lose some coloring on your nipples because of it. It's a pain to have to deal with, but hopefully yours goes away quickly and doesn't get as bad as mine did. Be well soon, sister!
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 10:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• we already went to the doc and all that....was just wondering about others' experiences
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my youngest had it-- he wasnt fussy though-- just took the meds and it went away-- GL
    armywife7885

Answer by armywife7885 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My dd had thrush. Her doc gave us Nystatin and after 4 bottles of applying to myself AND her I asked doc about genetian violet. We used that and after 3 messy applications it was totally cleared up. You can get it from your pharmacist without a prescription. Use a cotton ball to apply to his tongue and inside of cheeks. Read up on it, its messy but worth it if Nystatin doesnt work for you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009