When do you think a mother should go back to work, after having a child?

africa1

Asked by africa1 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• I feel a mother should go back to work when she is ready but its like when are you ever ready to go. I went back when jasiah was almost 3 months and I missed her like hell but I got over it.
    susu24

Answer by susu24 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Whenever it feels the best for her and her family!
    beckybear08

Answer by beckybear08 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Whenever she feels it's the right thing to do.
    ILoveMyJason

Answer by ILoveMyJason at 2:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Exactly what the other 2 posters said before me. There is no right or wrong answer in this one. It all depends on a couple factors 1) how soon she NEEDS to go back to work (financially-wise) and 2) when she feels she is ready to part with the baby.
    Mammaof2girls

Answer by Mammaof2girls at 2:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When she is medically and physically able to and has a desire or a need to.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When she feels she is ready to go back :)
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When she feels ready, but will most likely stress about being away from the infant.
    jlbtnc

Answer by jlbtnc at 2:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It all depends on the situation. I only went back to work when my DH wasn't able to work. So he stayed home with the kids and I worked. Now he is back to work and I get to stay home again. For us, we just can't put our kids in daycare or anything like that. Alot of PERSONAL reasons
    Anonymous

• I personally won't go back to work until all of my children are in school. I can't bring myself to leave my children with someone else (daycare or babysitter). I feel like since I had the kids, it's my job to raise them, not someone elses.
    Anonymous

• Ideally I think it would be awesome if moms were able to wait until their child started school before returning to work. This wasn't any more possible for us than it is for the majority of moms. I have 5 babies and my return to work time was different with each depending on our situation at the time. My earliest return date was when my baby was 6 weeks old and my latest return date was when my baby was about 18 months old.
    jchka

Answer by jchka at 6:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008