Has anyone ever drank those chinese green teas that are supposed to help lose weight? Do they really work?

Darrymagu

Asked by Darrymagu at 10:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• they didn't work for me, i did lose a little weight but because it made me horribly sick. It was basically poisoning my body. From the time i started taking it i started to not feel good and after a few weeks i was so sick that i couldn't work or move for like 3 days. I was having hot and cold flashes and blacking out and throwing up all this green stuff. It turns out my body wasn't processing it like it was suppose to. So i went off it for about a week and was great, and tried it again, and the same thing happened to me again but i stopped before it go that bad. So i don't know if i just had an abnormal reaction or if that's what it does to everybody, but i will never touch it again.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I drink about 4 cups of green tea and switch to 2 cups of oonlong and detox tea. :) no problems with me. This is between meals and snacks. I love tea though I rarely drink softdrinks. I also do cinninmon and chamomile tea.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• the green tea works when you drink like 5 tons as it has a laxative effect and you basically poop everything out. but the weight lose is minimal and its not a safe way to do it. :o(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• it didnt work for me, waht a bunch of trash!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• YES, the green tea works well. I would consider it more of a subtle aid. It curbs your appetite and the caffenine gives you a burst of energy. Its better then coffee because it has antioxidents and the appetite suppressant works where coffee does not. I wouldnt add anyting to the tea, no sugar or cream...its suppose to be a zero calorie treat to give you the best results.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2009