How can I get my 3month old to sleep???

She has never had a problem with her bassinet before but one faithful night she decided she rather be with me. The past 4 nights she has screamed everytime I finish nursing her and lay her down in her bassinet. Could this be a phase? Has anyone had this abrupt moment? please help

andres_n_tierra

Asked by andres_n_tierra at 10:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hhave the same thing. my baby refuses to sleep in her crib or basinet. she sleeps in her swing. do you have a swing or carier( the one you us as car seat from travel system) my doc says she has breathing problem and to keep her elevated. ask your doc she might have the same thing. I heard other mothers talk about safe and secure sleeper from babiesru. if you figure it out please let me know.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 10:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have tried those things and nothing works. I am taking her to the doc tomorrow. I think she jus maybe teething. I will keep u posted
    andres_n_tierra

Answer by andres_n_tierra at 11:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• She could be teething. Also babies go through a growth spurt about 3 months. My son is also 3 months and still loves to be swaddled then tucked in nice and tight. I breastfeed also but haven't started having sleeping issues.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• DaryaK, I see that my suggestion did you no good. I guess I just got lucky....lol. My advice to her was what I did with my 3 1/2 month old. She would only sleep in her swing or with me/daddy, so we wrapped her in her fave blanket snugggg, after a long warm bath, a warm bottle....and little rocking and low lights and she was out....with the thick blanket she never even noticed when I'd lay her down in her crib. I turn on her heartbeat bear, I take the shirt that I had on off, lay it in the crib next to her so she can still smell me when she wakes up (she doesnt get as scared cuz she thinks im still close by) and shes out for atleast 6 hours. I leave a soft night light on, when she wakes up for her feeding, I change her, wrap her back up then feed her rock her and shes out for the rest of the night.......GL!!!!!!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 3:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• unfortunatly my baby doesn't like to be swadled any more:( at least she sleeps good. I hope she will realise soon that she needs to sleep in her crib, I really don't believe in let them cry it out.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 5:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Try a solid bedtime routine. Whatever works for you so that she knows bed time is coming. We do this: Bathtime, lotion and diaper, jammies, story, nursing, and then bed. I also have a lullaby cd that we play while he nurses. THen I move him into his bed when he's finished. Then if she cries, stand by the side of her crib and hold her hand or pat her back and say "shhhh". Keep soothing her and letting her know that you're not leaving. She may calm down in a minute or two. Try to comfort her with out lifting her up. You don't have to let her cry it out, but you can stand right there and give her a chance to calm herself down. Wait until she's asleep before you leave the room. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2009