Since my sons been off the bottle now for 3 months now Iv'e been giving him sippy cups with the soft top (NubY) but he chews the hell out of them that they are usless & the liquid just comes flowing out, anyone have any advice? I tryed the hard tops but he just throws them on the floor . Thanks : )

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't use the soft tops on my son because he hated them and it was hard getting the ligud out but then I try nuby straw cups and my son loves them. My son has been off the bottle for about 3 months and he has been drinking with the straw sippy cup and he loves it becuase it's so easy for him to get the ligud out. Here is the link to nuby website and the sippy cups I use for my son.

http://www.nuby.com/products/cups/9637.aspx
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Another question when they lay down to drink the ones with the straw all the liquid goes to the top & he can't get anything out
    NicksMom11385

Answer by NicksMom11385 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thats what I was going to say! My son was breast fed but loves the cups with straws!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 10:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• you can also try the gerber cups that are white with a pink, green or blue lid. the handles are made into the lid (that should help you find them). the spouts are soft, but stronger than the nuby's. that's what i went to after the nuby's. but i also offered them a hard spout quite often, and they got used to them after a while. now we only use the hard spouts, and my son even bit a hole in one of those not too long ago!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son was the same! We let him chose a hard top sippy at Walmart. He loves it, and after he used that for a week his other sippy's just "dissapeared"!!

I would say take your son to the store and let him chose whatever sippy he wants, but only let him pick from the hard tops...that way he will want to only use that one, and you can just phase out the others.
    OzzysMom

Answer by OzzysMom at 3:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My daughter actually did the exat same thing with the exat same cups... I tryed everything from Nuby, Avent, etc... and my mom one day gave me the GERBER SIP n SMILE sippy cups... they have soft or hard spouts... you should go with the soft spout handled sippy cup first, they are great! and guees what... the don't spill at all! Just make sure you press the valve in firmly and that's it!... wish you luck!!
    PilyFernandez

Answer by PilyFernandez at 3:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009