• In the Spotlight:

PRESSURE??? TMI

I AM 20 WEEKS PREGNANT, AND I FEEL ALOT OF PRESSURE, AND PAIN IN MY VAGINAL AREA AND LOWER ABDOMON....ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THAT??? PLEASE NO BASHING

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why would anyone bash you on this? I have a two year old son, but yes around 20 weeks the baby is starting to get bigger faster, it depends on the structure of your body, this especially happens if you have a shorter torso because the baby is pushing down and moving things over. It's okay, I don't think your baby is going to come out just yet, it's all normal and I felt alot of this. Make sure that you are comfortable and speek with your OBGYN about all the concerns you have.
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i had this probably the worst EVER! it felt like the baby was going to drop out at any moment. it was strong pressure and seriously uncomfortable. i was very afraid the baby was going to come out at times. it felt like her head was stuck in the middle of my vagina. i kept going to the hospital and they said the babies head was very low but i still wasnt in labor. finally at 35 weeks they induced me because i couldnt take it anymore.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm 25 weeks and I have this too, I've had it for the past 2 weeks... I finally couldn't take it anymore so I called my doctor and she said that most likely the baby has just changed positions and is putting pressure on the cervix, which can cause sharp, shooting pains down your vagina. In the past couple days he has sinced moved and the pressure and pain has gone away, so just try to rest, with your feet elevated higher than the rest of your body, and hopefully your baby will change positions and that will relieve the pressure. Also drink TONS of water because the more dehydrated you are, the more your uterus will contract, just like any dehydrated muscle. (This I know from personal experience, unfortunately I'm not much of a water drinker so I have to literally FORCE myself to drink water now lol.)
    bellamama09

Answer by bellamama09 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Also, can you feel the baby moving yet? Because my doctor also said that as long as the baby is still moving, most likely everything is fine, it's just the whole position-changing thing. Anyway don't be afraid to call your doctor... I call mine at least once a week! LOL At first I was embarassed and thought that they would think I'm being paranoid or crazy, but you know what it's my first pregnancy so it's totally normal to not have any clue what's going on! And it's better to be safe than sorry.
    bellamama09

Answer by bellamama09 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2009