• In the Spotlight:

large wooden letters

So, I'm feeling really crafty and I'm thinking about getting Giant wooden letters for my daughters name to spell it out to put on her wall, what are some crafty ways to decorate them? Pictures would be great!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I am doing my daughter's room in ballet. I bought the letters to spell dance and am going to paint them all baby pink and then glaze them with a glitter glaze. I may buy some more to spell ballet or plie, etc.

You could use th letter to determine what it is decorated with. For example, if your daughter's name is Alice, you could decorate the A with her favorite things that start with the letter A. The L with things that start with the letter L, etc.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My daughters room is pink and lilac. I painted them (because ethe letter was raised) the edges pink or purple (alternating) and the the opposide color for the raised part of the letter, I added hooks to the back, so i could hang them directly but instead for now i attatched ribbon with a staple gun, and hung them like that,
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We did our dd's name with fabric covering the letters. I will message you a pic in a little bit I dont know how to on here.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• thanks reneek3 for the web address i am going to try and do the first one for my daughter! i have been looking for cute ideas and just love that one!! its the best one i have seen!!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No prob! It's one of my favorite websites for inspiration!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009