Can someone help me with my due date

Hello all! I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I have a question I hope to get some feedback on. My DH and I did the deed on Nov 8. I had a period ( or what I though was a period) on Nov 14. I told my doc that was my LMP, so my due date is Aug 21. But for some reason I'm wanting to think I conceived on Nov 8.. My question is, is it possible to conceive a week before your period starts?

MommyRenee1

Asked by MommyRenee1 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sure--it all depends on when you ovulate.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You probably experienced implantation bleeding and not a period. Implantation bleeding can sometimes be heavy like a period. It's not common but it does happen.

It is VERY unlikely that you ovulated 1 week before you period because that would make your luteal phase on 7 days and that is not long enough to keep a high enough progesterone level to substain a pregnancy.

Also remember that the day you have sex isn't necessarily the day you concieve. Sperm can live inside you for up to 7 days and then it takes around 5-10 days for the egg to implant.
    Anonymous

• Yes and I agree with the above poster.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thanks for your feedback. The reason I'm not sure if Nov 14 was my LMP was because it wasn't near as long as my usual periods. Seems like it was a bit heavy, a little more so for implantation bleeding, but it only lasted around 3 days.. and the other reason, was because I'm already feeling the baby move and seeing it some and have been for a couple of weeks now. And right now, I'm just 18 weeks. So who knows.. I'll mention it to my OB next appointment! Thanks again for your feedback!!
    MommyRenee1

Answer by MommyRenee1 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009