Ok. Lets talk Anon and lets LAY IT all out. Providing links HIGHLY encouraged.

Ok, straight up, most of us have used Anon for a post or another. I admit I have. I broke my oath and posted some embarrassing things as ANON just to avoid any negative backlash when ever my secret admirers saw the question and would have felt the need to pipe up. I report Anon's that obviosly show up in my questions JUST to post a rude thing. If you are rude to me with your screen name...we hash it out but I would never report you. There is nothing wrong with not liking someone, but I find it so cowardly when people pull Anon JUST to take a hit at a person they don't like.

Just for example. This is a question I posted http://www.cafemom.com/answers/159804/Was_your_Bio_father_nothing_more_than_a_sperm_donor?cat_id=&next=41#r_foot
I had an Anon post about page 3 "wow, well that explains some of your issues" Nothing more. Just the below the belt punch and adios. Yes I reported her. I was an emotional disaster and she CONT..

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think you have the right to know and she has the right to step up or shut up ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• she chose that exact moment of weakness to throw a punch at a person she dislikes (Yes these are MY examples, but I encourage you to say your own,

Is this fair? Is this someone someone has a "right " to do. We've hashed out making Anon only FOR asking questions. If you are too embarrassed to share then don't. 30 seconds saved in writing a post.
    But if you had to take Anon as she currently is....or change her to being ONLY for asking questions or having some sort of rules set on using her, what would you vote to do?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• sorry munch but this will get reported for not being a question. lol, i wont do it but you know someone will. ;-)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Do you feel you have the right to know exactly WHO is staying vile mean things to you? Or do you think they deserve the privacy to PUBLIC ALLY try to humiliate you without showing their face?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well, I had someone talk smack to me in one of my questions with their screen name. The next day, I had an anon make a smart remark to me, but I know it was the same person from the night before, because it was about my previous question. As if I wouldn't remember, I guess she thought she could hide behind the ANON and I wouldn't know . . . simple minded people.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I sort of agree with you. I wouldnt mind anon at all except that some people abuse it. However, I do understand that not everyone who posts anon is going to be hateful and some people just like to be unknown. I dont think there is anything wrong with being anon if you are going to be nice. Its the ones who stalk certain people just to be rude are the ones i have a problem with.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• munch, what you are forgetting is that sometimes people just post stuff to anger. I use anonymous ALOT. Simply because I am not out to win any sort of contest, I just don't feel like posting under my name. That is what the anonymous button is for. Here are some tips I have found for the Answers section here:

1) When you post answer a question, don't go back and read what others have posted after you. You are there to answer a question, not to argue. It would cut out alot of the problems.

2) If you ask a question, know that you are not alway going to get good responses. Just take what you want and throw the rest away, so to speak. You are looking for a good answer, find it and use it. DO NOT read the crap.

3) It doesn't really matter if you use the anonymous button or not. There should really, truly, be no one here using their real names and pictures. It's too dangerous.

Anonymous

• I see it this way. I like that I can voice my opinions about controversial issues such as vaccines, breastfeeding/formula, abortion, Obama, racial issues...and so much more as Anon. I would rather do this than get 10+ notes on all these topics later just because I wanted to say something about it. I know anons can be rude, but thats not the case for all. If a woman on here wants to be rude and ignorant and hateful, I dont care much. let them stew in their hatefullness.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• OOPs ok I reworded it in another question with bolded question marks
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I dont understand why cafemom took the time to put "Any disrespectful anon answers will be removed and your account may be suspended or even canceled" if they arent going to stick to their word, I realize that it would take alot of time to make sure everyone was posting correctly but if people knew for sure there would be consquences behind their rude answers they might think twice, or they would definately think twice if they didnt want their account to be suspended or canceled. Then after time it wouldnt take so much time to make sure people were posting correctly because fewer people would post anon like they do
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009