Should I take my son to the emergency room?

My son got hit in the face with a basketball at school today. When he got hit, it knocked him backward off of his feet and he hit the cement headfirst. He does not have a visible lump on his head or anything he or I can feel. He said he has a headache that comes and goes. It's not getting worse, it just keeps coming back. He said that since this happened, he's burping what smells like sulfer but he does not feel nauseated. I already called my doctor on call and he said that as long as he is not throwing up, feeling worse, or really sleepy he should be okay. He also said that if I feel like I need to, go ahead and take him to energency....I'm freaking out here because of the way Natasha Richardson died. Should I be worried? Am I being paranoid?

ericadrian

Asked by ericadrian at 11:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• I would take him. It could be a mild concussion or something worse, or it could be nothing, but if it were one of my kids, I would take them to the ER.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes..if you have to ask dont put his life in the hands of any of us. Take him.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i hit my head the other day and was freaking out because of the natasha thing too. if it would make you feel better i would go.
    Anonymous

• No...head trauma is a funny thing...if u feel like u need to take him or u r freaking, by all means go...it's better to be safe than sorry. My hubby has had head trauma 2 times.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 12:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009