WHY POST ANON????...I need it all layed out???

Ok, straight up, most of us have used Anon for a post or another. I admit I have. I broke my oath and posted some embarrassing things as ANON just to avoid any negative backlash when ever my secret admirers saw the question and would have felt the need to pipe up. I report Anon's that obviosly show up in my questions JUST to post a rude thing. If you are rude to me with your screen name...we hash it out but I would never report you. There is nothing wrong with not liking someone, but I find it so cowardly when people pull Anon JUST to take a hit at a person they don't like.

Just for example. This is a question I posted http://www.cafemom.com/answers/159804/Was_your_Bio_father_nothing_more_than_a_sperm_donor?cat_id=&next=41#r_foot
I had an Anon post about page 3 "wow, well that explains some of your issues" Nothing more. Just the below the belt punch and adios. Yes I reported her. I was an emotional disaster and she CONT..

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I dont understand why cafemom took the time to put "Any disrespectful anon answers will be removed and your account may be suspended or even canceled" if they arent going to stick to their word, I realize that it would take alot of time to make sure everyone was posting correctly but if people knew for sure there would be consquences behind their rude answers they might think twice, or they would definately think twice if they didnt want their account to be suspended or canceled. Then after time it wouldnt take so much time to make sure people were posting correctly because fewer people would post anon like they do
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• she chose that exact moment of weakness to throw a punch at a person she dislikes (Yes these are MY examples, but I encourage you to say your own, Is this fair? Is this someone someone has a "right " to do. We've hashed out making Anon only FOR asking questions. If you are too embarrassed to share then don't. 30 seconds saved in writing a post. But if you had to take Anon as she currently is....or change her to being ONLY for asking questions or having some sort of rules set on using her, what would you vote to do?

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Do you feel you have the right to know exactly WHO is staying vile mean things to you? Or do you think they deserve the privacy to PUBLIC ALLY try to humiliate you without showing their face?

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• munch, read my post under your other question... ANON.
    Anonymous

• munch, what you are forgetting is that sometimes people just post stuff to anger. I use anonymous ALOT. Simply because I am not out to win any sort of contest, I just don't feel like posting under my name. That is what the anonymous button is for. Here are some tips I have found for the Answers section here:

1) When you post answer a question, don't go back and read what others have posted after you. You are there to answer a question, not to argue. It would cut out alot of the problems.

2) If you ask a question, know that you are not alway going to get good responses. Just take what you want and throw the rest away, so to speak. You are looking for a good answer, find it and use it. DO NOT read the crap.

3) It doesn't really matter if you use the anonymous button or not. There should really, truly, be no one here using their real names and pictures. It's too dangerous.

Anonymous

• Only asked in case my other "question" isn't question enough to stay a question.

Wow, that's confusing.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I am kind of new to Cafe Mom and have yet to post ANON. I dont know for me I try to stay true to what I am like in person and that is if I have something to say...be it good or bad I will say it to your face. No need to hide, if you confident in your thoughts or opinions then why hide behind ANON????
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• For me, I utilize Cafemom for my business. I also like Cafemom for personal use. I like to keep my business and personal separate and I don't want some answers to questions to affect my business. I try to keep it professional. This is why I post Annon.
    Anonymous

• My account got suspended for s really silly comment. So no they dont stick to their guns. And my comment wasnt anon!! And the comment wasnt even towards anyone. The warning I got before that was from telling a well known cm user to get a life.. I was sticking up for a lady she was being completely rude to. These days everything "inflames others"!! And ppl are so report happy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009