If your in-laws are jerks

should you suck it up to keep the peace or stay as far away from them as possible ?

I also have another question, when someone says something mean in a joking way there is always some truth to it right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A little of both, suck it up on special occasions and the rest of the year avoid them like the plague. Yes, when people "jokingly" say something mean there is some truth to it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I usually stay away when they are mean to me, cuz I can get really pist about things and just make the problem worse.... and to your second ? yes there is always some truth to someone saying something mean in a joking way.....
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!1
    Anonymous

• I think that yes, if something "mean" is said, even if it is meant as a joke.. it normally has truth behind it.
    And because my (could-be) inlaws are drug addicted psychos, I'd take a jerk over that any day and try to make the best out of the situation.
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 11:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I love my MIL. The day she passes the world will stop. I hate to say it but I really had no feelings when my FIL passed away this past Sept. He was a royal a**!! He abused his wife & kids for years yet claimed he was Preacher. He was never wrong....I could go on & on but he isn't worth the time!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• On the whole, my husband's family are very nice to us. His father is very caring and giving.
    His mother and some other family members are just in the background. Whenever he visits them I don't go. That's all there is to it. I figure I don't have anything to say to them so why bother sitting in the same room with them? I won't do it. He has to respect his own family his own way and I will not stop him from doing so, but he knows better than to ask me to go out of my way for some of his family members who have treated us wrong.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2009