My sister doesn't watch her kids!

No one in our family really hangs out with my sister becuase her kids are wild! She has a two year old and a 3 year old.Today they came to my new house and ran wild,the oldest one poured my sons toys all over the floor and made a mess(I dont know how he lifted it!)She thought it was funny! We went shopping later and she let both of them run away in the store,she would be looking at things and they would go where she couldnt see them and this didnt seem to bother her.She will let them just run all around and she has no idea where they are,How do I handle this? We just had a little girl go missing in our area and it bothers me that she doesn't pay attention to them,especially in public.Should I say something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Hell ya say something.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 11:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well, as long as your sister isn't the sensitive type. s in, you bring it up and she accuses you telling her how to raise her kids. I would suggest being as light as possible bringing it up. Make her aware that this kind of behavior they are exhibiting is not a good sign for school and teen hood.

Good luck.

mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I definitely think you should say something
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We have never really been close and now we are starting to hang out and I dont want to offend her but it's just not right! They act out and she doesn't do anything. I keep a very close eye on my son and I just cant see how a mother of a 2 and 3 year old would just let them run away in a department store or actually anywhere and it not bother her that she cant see them.I just dont know what to say to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• tell her to shape the hell up or call CPS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Absolutely, not to sound rude but it is your resposibility as family to help keep those kids safe.
    Kamiko8

Answer by Kamiko8 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would say something to her, even just mentioning that if you don't know where the kid is, he/ she could get abducted. I have had this conversation with my SIL and she basically doesn't talk to me anymore, but that is just not the way to raise kids, I'm sorry.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• should you..... you think? um yeah
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Your house, your rules, period. If she won't correct them then you do it. If they are running around in a store, gather them up. Tell the kids that it scares you when you can't see them. Then you turn to your sister and say you can never be too careful. Did you here about the latest child abduction? Maybe she will get the hint.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 3:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This sounds like my sister, but instead we all hang around her house because the kids aren't the ones to blame. Her an dher deadbeat boyfriend actually walks out of their apartment leaving these kids totally alone and this is a bad are where anything cna happen. So we got ot protect the kids.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2009