Do any of you not shop at Walmart due to their ethics?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 11:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• I do not shop at walmart. They treat their employees badly, work them right under the amount of hours required by law to give them benefits and then pay them badly. They also put the samll american business out of business. They buy from China mostly not American. They try and make American companies compete witht eh SAlve labor wages of China which we cannot compete with since we have regulations.

As for the person that made the above comments, please check your resources, WALMART was one of the main culprits with the Bovine Groth Hormone in the Milk and they are still currently selling bottles with BPA in them which by the way is allowed by our government. The BPA levels in the baby bottles are so low that they do not fall under the category of banning the bottles from production.

Wlamart has bad customer service iagree witht hta as well but if you were getting barely paid and treated unfairly would you smile.
    LIL_77

Answer by LIL_77 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• While I do have a problem with their ethics I have no choice but to shop there because I can't afford things anywhere else.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• what incorrect ethics do you mean exactly?
    Anonymous

• Walmart actually refused to carry milk tainted with Bovine Growth Hormone before other stores did, and they stopped carrying the brands of baby bottles with the BPA in them even though the government didn't allow the use of BPA.

So what ethics are you talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• they also only carry brands of detergent that are concentrated and use packaging that is better for the environment and easier to recycle? what bad ethics?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't necessasarily think that their ethics are bad. I think that they need to take better control of their stores.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't find anything wrong with their ethics....but their customer service?.....well, thats another story. Its all about management. Theres one store where my in laws live about an hour from me that is the cleanest most orderly store I have ever seen. It doesnt even look like a walmart.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have less and less respect for their employees every time I go in. It's by far the worst store as far as customer service goes.

I try not to shop there simply because I HATE the fact that they sell SOOOO many China-imported goods. I would much rather support a country that's not Communist, who is not trying to poison us, and who has even the slightest respect for the sanctity of human life.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I shop at Walmart but as a former employee (2 stores)and barley breaking minimum wage wondering what they are calling highly competitive pay. They seem to teach and reward their management for treating their staff badly from locking in overnight staff..yes they have done it at NUMEROUS stores and gotten in trouble for it and there's the whole work off the clock to prevent overtime fiasco. They spout employee first propaganda then treat the little people working 39 1/2 hours can't hit 40 they will owe you over time like total crap.
    Perhaps those are some of the ethics she is referring to.
    Or perhaps the way they treated my mom who was injured but faulty equipment they continued to use knowing it was broken. Telling her to just chew more pain pills and get over it they didn't care if her dr said not to lift over 10 pounds that box is mislabeled it's not 75 just 50....Are those the ethics you mean?
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 8:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Bad customer service is contributed to by overworked underpaid people and yes there are some lazy bightt that don't wanna be there that would be an a.. anywhere they worked and the Chinese imports are just the tip of the iceberg,or am i noticing the more little stores in one area they run out of business they less of a bargain their prices become. Their clearance isn't even comparable from one store to another. Once they had a Vonage phone at a store in Milan Tn cost $99 no sale drive 20-30 mIles to Huntington TN SAME EXACT PHONE Clearance TO JUST $15
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 8:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009