How do you explain to a child that is six that her daddy cant be with her because he cant come back to the country?

I have twin girls that are six. I was married at one time to my then husband and he wasnt a US citizen. He got into some trouble to make a long story short when my daughters were about two. They dont really remember him but they ask about him all the time. When he was here he was the best father any woman could ever want for their children. He excepted my other two as his own and loved us more than anything. He has been gone for years now and my older boys understand why he cant come back from jamaica but my girls dont. I am going on vacation to Jamaica in a couple of months and that was the biggest mistake to tell the kids because they think that I am going to see their daddy. they cried and said why cant he just come home on the plane with you? I tried to tell them that I was going on vacation no where near where daddy lived and that i wasnt going to see him. They are so hurt inside. what do i tell them about all of this?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my friend's hubby just went back to Mexico for his interview to finish his citizenship here, and they denied him coming back and he has to wait 10 months for a hearing. you just have to take it a day at a time.
    mommashaybay

Answer by mommashaybay at 12:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The truth. He should have kept his nose clean for his children and did not. This is no ones fault but his own.
    Anonymous

• YOU KNOW WHAT HOW IGNORANT AND IMATURE WAS THAT COMMENT, I LOVE HOW IT IS ALWAYS ANONYMOUS WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT COMES OUT SOMEONES MOUTH. YOU HAVE NO IDEA BEHIND WHAT HAPPENED AND THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I ASKED! I WAS TALKING ABOUT TWO LITTLE GIRLS THAT ARE MISSING THEIR FATHER. GET SOME CLASS, AND RESPECT TOWARDS OTHERS. MIZZ ANONYMOUS LOL
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009