Does anyone else have very skinny little girls, but they eat like crazy!!!

My six year old twins are the smallest little things you ever seen. They are ok with their height but they are soooo skinny, it almost looks like they are sick but they arent. The doctor has told me time after time that thats just the way they are built but It scares me. They eat so much and always are in the cabinets, fridge, or want more dinner after they already ate a plate full. So they eat but I just want to know if any other moms out there have skinny little girls.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I do! they take after their eat like a horse skinny a$$ father! lol!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my boys are like that.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• when my daughter (now 8) was 6 y/o we stopped at Taco Bell on the way home from grocery shopping. I bought a 10 pack of tacos for the 5 of us. The boys and their dad was at home. in the 15 minutes it took to get to our house she had eaten all 10 tacos and had no ill affects.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 12:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was like that, and now so is my daughter.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no, but my son is. he eats all day long and only weighs about 25lbs. hes 3 1/2 feet tall, but the doc says hes healthy. i guess some kids are like that.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i do my five yr old is almost bigger than my seven yr old and the seven yr old eats allll the time. she always has food in her hand. but i think she takes after her grandma because my mom can eat and eat and not gain a pound she only weighs 89lbs but she can't gain weight. she had cancer and they couldn't do kemo till she gained weight and she couldn't do it. so i think that is why my dd is so tiny.
    jballentine

Answer by jballentine at 9:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My older daughter is now 14, but she was always thin and still is. Right now, she is 5 ft 4 inches and weighs about 105-108 lbs and eats constantly. Someone asked me about her eating habits just concerned that as a teen she might feel pressured to NOT eat. I laughed and said, um, no she doesnt have the will power to be anorexic or anything. She does run 2 -3 miles a day though during track season. All of her doctors and chiro said that she was very small boned and just a thin person. She takes after her dad...thank goodness. When they start puberty, they will probably put on a few pounds especially around the hips and the stomach, then they slim up again when the process is over.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My daughter is super skinny and used to eat like that but lately she barely eats. She's almost 9. She's a major carb junkie, though. I guess she needs the carbs for the energy to keep up with her freakishly fast metabolism. She's 8 1/2 and weighs 40lbs and wears a 6 slim but they are usually too big on her. in the summer she shares shorts with her 3yo sister (they both fit into a 4T).
    I only started worrying about her this last year because she barely eats anything any more. She skips breakfast most mornings, has lunch at school and half the time won't eat dinner. She's like my husband. He has always been able to survive on 1 meal a day. But it's not healthy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was like that and my son IS like that now.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was like that until I was 23 and nature caught up to me. As long as the doctor isn't worried I wouldn't be. It really could just be their body type or metabolism.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009