Is being tired a part of being depressed?

LOL, im being serious, I dont know what is wrong with me, I know I get enough sleep(well at least I think I do) I go to bed at about 10 or 11 and wake up between 8 and 9. But when I wake up I am still tired and dont want to get out of bed I have to force myself. And than the whole day I dont want to do anything like clean because I am sooo tired. I have been feeling really lonely lately and my marriage is not so good, could I be depressed? What could I do to give me some energy, it wasnt this bad a couple months ago, I do have a 4 month old and a 3 year old but like I said I get sleep at night, so I dont know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• As a clincially depressed woman that has been on anti depressant for 14 year...it *could* be a sign but if that's you're only symptom I would say it's probably not depression and could possibly be something you can treat on your own with good food and diets..
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Tiredness is a symptom of depression. OR you are hypothyroid and don't know it. See your doctor about testing your thyroid. If you are hypothyroid, taking synthroid will make you feel sooooo much better.

Also, I have been doing Atkis per-say and I have enormous energy because I don't do sugar at-all or carbohydrates (except strawberries or berries)

Sugar makes a person tired believe it or not.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would see your doctor about it. I had depression, and my symptoms were fatigue, aches and pains, and just not really wanting to do anything. Also, they can test your thyroid like the PP said. I had my thyroid tested when I went in too. If it is depression it's probably mild and easily treated but I would go to the doctor just to be sure.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It could be your hormones. Been there :( I've gotten a little crazy. lol Seek help and share with your husband. Try to journal. Try not to speak anger when you feel out of wack. I've been there :( and regret it later. Deal with each issue at a time. Work on complementing your hubby crown him king and he will crown you queen. I heard that at church service once. Try to get a babysitter and have date nights. Blessings!!!!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You could be getting too much sleep. When an otherwise healthy adult gets more than 8-9 hours of sleep it can really throw off your metabolism. As an experiment, set your alarm clock so you're getting up at 6:30 - 7:00. When you wake up do a couple minutes of light stretching. Do this for 5 days and see how you feel. If you're still tired then have your thyroid checked. Hypothyroidism isn't fun and the testing is simple.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 1:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• could be alot of things...but yes it is a sign of depression, the tiredness. But talk to your doc and then decide. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Tiredness is a symptom of SO many things. It could be a bit of depression, but depression usually is something you feel in your emotions first, IMO. If you feel okay emotionally but just feel out of it physically, it could be low iron, thyroid, hormones....just about anything. Have some bloodwork done first before you do anything drastic and if you really don't FEEL depressed...don't let them put you on an antidepressant. They are hard to get off of. Thats all just MY opinion though. Exercise...very mild....might help.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It could be what your eating. Certain foods make me very tired & drained sortly after I eat them.
    I have to stay away from foods that make me feel this way & I find that I am a much happier & not as cranky of a person. Try replacing a food with another & see how you feel. It won't hurt!
    Carol221367

Answer by Carol221367 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• you sound like I used to be. I would get the same amount of sleep you are getting, but I didnt want to get up.. i would shoot in a movie for my daughter so i could lay on the couch for another hour. I was lazy all day and I just honestly didn't know what was wrong with me. my mom introduced me to nutirional cleansing and I did the 9 day cleanse and I was like a new person. I was energized and when I woke up I was ready to take on the day! This story is on my website www.getmecleansed.com I seriously sound JUST LIKE YOU!!!!
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2009