Sour Smelling Towels

My towels have that sour smell in them... anyone have any secrets to get that smell out or something to over power the smell?please help!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• Add a cup of white vinegar when you wash them.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Or you can add baking soda to your wash
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• all fabric bleach and hot water worked for me
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I do a cup of white vinegar like the first reply said. In addition to removing odors, it removes film on the towels left by fabric softeners or dryer sheets and makes them more absorbent and fluffy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I've read before that using dryer sheet's were bad for towels. Guess I know why!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I beginning to think we were/are twins in a former life AprilDJC! I use white vinegar also!!!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 12:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I found a all purpose type product that I just love called ODO-BAN. I bought it at Sams club in gallon jugs and then I found it at Home Depot also in the gallon size. But I also found it @ Walmart in the cleaners aisle in a spray bottle.

But it is the greatest for all types of things. Its a disenfectant that kills 99.percent of Strep,HIV, and all those other nasty viruses. It works on towels very well.

I never heard of the Vinegar idea and am glad I now know that cause now I converted my home to Melaleuca products and I haven't had that issue yet so if I can't find what product of Melaleucas that doesn't remove that smell then I will use the vinegar.

But I am pretty certain that Melaleuca has a product that would do wonders of getting rid of that smell because there isn't one product yet that has let me down of Melaleuca's.
    mooseymama

Answer by mooseymama at 1:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I put a scoop of oxyclean in mine and it eliminates the problem. The vinegar is a cheaper way though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• how much of soda or vinegar?!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009