How will i know when i have found the perfect baby name?

I've looked through books and online and i just dont feel like any names are jumping out at me. im afraid that by the time my baby girl is born i still wont have a name picked out. what can i do?!

missbrittnee

Asked by missbrittnee at 12:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it took me && my boyfriend FOREVER to agree on a name - but when you find it, you will know its the one for your baby girl - im having a girl as well - We decided to name her Mayah Noelle - (like my-ah).... good luck && congrats.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You keep looking. When you find it, it will stick with you. My girl's dad always used to pretend he was calling on the phone and asking for them. He did this over and over, using the name. Strange, but it worked for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well...if nothing else she will be born and you will look at her and suddenly the perfect name will come to you. We have first name for our son Liam but are waiting on the middle name. It sounds corny but truly you will see her and KNOW her, and her name. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I had the same problem. I was like 8 months no name yet. And my son brought home a list of valentine names to give to classmates. And I saw the name Isabella and I was sold. So my daugh is Isabella Grace. But I love the names Lauren, Brooke, Aubrey... Youll find it and you will know.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My friend had a girl a few months ago she was in hospital 4 days. And didnt know her name until day 3 but named her Tara???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I pushed for 9 months to have the name Danika , of course I didnt know that it was a girl at fist but i knew if it was thats what her name would be. I didnt come up with it until after I was pregnant , but man I had to fight for it.... When you find the one , you will know and you wont give up until you get the one you want
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Write down your favorites or keep them in mind. When you see your baby, you will know her name :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It was suggested to me that if you find a name that you kindof like...yell it out loud...ya know, like you were telling your DD to stop doing something. It worked for us the last two times! If it rolls off your tongue easily enough and you don't hate it when you scream it out loud then its a winner!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 8:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My suggestion is that you guys tally a sheet of names that you like, middle names included and when she is here... once you see her... maybe then you will have one stand out.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009