Do you have this problem? I dont know if something is wrong with me

For the past 2 days i cant sleep at all. I lay in the bed and cant sleep im so tired but i cant sleep. I was getting a little dizzy today because of no sleep. I dont know if im getting sick or what Has anyone ever had this happen? Also im not wanting to eat i have had a bowel of cereal all day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• Cut the caffeine out. If you can't because of headaches don't have any caffeine after 1pm. No chocolate either. Sip chamomile tea and honey before bed, unless you have hay fever or ragweed allergies. Your stress level could also be because of your lack of nutrition. Try eating things that have B vitamins in them. If nothing else eat a good breakfast. Set up a very relaxing routine before you go to bed. Take plenty of time to settle in. Take a hot bath and sip the tea. See if that helps. If you are still stressed go see your Dr and I would ask them to help me get the dosage of St.Johns wort correct. My sisters doctor reccomended it to her and she is doing great.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Probably just insomnia. Have you been overly stressed lately? Too much caffeine? If it persists, I would go to the doctor.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have the same problem but it has been ongoing for a couple of years. I just cant sleep. As far as the not eating thing it comes and goes and sometimes I will be like oh crap I haven't eaten all day and I still wont be hungry. I am pretty sure it is stress related and just the fact that I am so busy. Are you stressed?
    Kamiko8

Answer by Kamiko8 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yeah I think that is it.. I stress to much over the little things.. my son got his 1year shots today and he had 4 and that stressed me really bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It sounds like anxiety. It is very possible to be anxious without knowing why. And it can definitely affect sleep (I've gone 3 days), and absolutely affect your appetite. It might be a good idea to just consider what might be making you anxious at all. The more you analyze it, the less anxious you are likely to feel.

Definitely avoid caffeine right now. And just take a day off and relax until you fall asleep. You will probably feel 100% better after.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009