Do you worry about becoming a MIL?

I see so many questions on here about my MIL this and that and she is horrible, or I can't stand her, heck just the other night I read something on here that said some girl didn't want her MIL to kiss her baby on the face at all, honestly I am worried that I might end up with a DIL like some of the outragious ones on here hating me.....does anyone else worry about that stuff?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • I have the BEST SIL. My DD's hubby Christopher is wonderful. My DD Casey's hubby drives me nuts & THANK GOD my DS is divorced from HER!! He is with a great girl now who I love as a DIL.
    Help you kids know what a loving marriage/relationship is. They need to think with theirbig heads and not their hormones
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Actually, I have wondered about it LOL.
    I do worry whomever my sons choose as wives with find something they dont like about me and take it to the extreme.

Then I realize...cant worry about that right now. My oldest is just about 5 I have plenty of time to fret later LOL. Plus, I know Im a good woman and mother and wouldnt baby my sons like you hear some do. So, Im sure we will get along fine. Maybe not perfectly but fine.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't even worry about it, the only reason so many girls complain about their MIL is because mom's are a huge part of their son's life. Girls are so insecure some times and get..jealous for a lack of better words, of their MIL. I don't know why, I LOVE my mother in law and she comes over all the time to hang out with me..I talk to her on the phone every day and she's great. I worry about it too and I'm only pregnant with my first (twin boys).
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I pray that my son has good enough judgment to choose the girl that is right for him. LOL, look at me I am already making assumptions and my son is 10!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i dont worry about that because i know i'm going to be a good normal mil and not a fucked up one like mine!

andi'm going to love my grandchildren not like my stupid mil that can go on for years without even calling to see how her one and only grandson is doing!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• MIL's are so insecure and get jealous because there son is finally growing up and becoming a man and they start feeling jealousy over the DIL and start making up shit, just because the son is finally leaving his nest the mil gets very over possesive and strats creating problems so the dil stops talking to the mil to avoid problems then the mil starts complaining that she cant see her grandchildren but shes the one that got herself into that but she always tries to be the damn victim!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Seeing the way my hideous mil is, I know for a fact i'm not going to be that type so i got nothing to worry about.
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Oh man, NO. The fun part when my daughter was dating was to convince the guy that I was completely crazy. I loved it. The big football player was afraid of little 5 ft 2" me! YUP, I am convinced this is the ticket to make them tow the line. Make them think you are crazy.

Unfortunately, I have not became a MIL yet, but when I do, those guys will FEAR me!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Wow anon :03 who the hell pissed in your cherrios?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes, I went through a stage where I wondered and worried about this very thing. I haven't thought about it in a while. I figure I have enough problems in the present with just trying to be friendly when I'm in social settings. (I'm very quiet and have my own issues I'm trying to work on.) I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 1:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2009