Whats wrong with men?

I went out tonight and left DF in charge of our daughter, shouldnt be a problem right? Well I didnt check on her when I got home because she was sleeping and I didnt want to bother her. Now I realize my DF is usually out of town all week, but he still knows our daily routine with her because of the weekends. Why would he find it OK to put her to bed in her clothes instead of changing her into a sleeper, I dont get it, he doesnt sleep in his clothes, why would he put our child to bed in hers?

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 12:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• my husband did that tonight. His excuse was that 'he just fell asleep and I didn't have time" I am not at all impressed.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Maybe she just fell asleep that way? My DD sometimes puts herself to bed, and she has at times fallen asleep in her clothes. Ask him about it, and tell him that next time you would prefer she be changed into pajamas.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• if thats the worst he is done then you aren't doing to bad, still would piss me off too, but i have experienced worse. In fact just this past weekend, My daughters father, told me she was fat and needed to lose weight (She is 20 months old) and told me, well its ok her belly button sticks out they do a plastic surgery to fix it so she'll be more attractive to men. I was like WTF?!?!? I told him Our daughter is perfect and beautiful and no man better ever tell her she needs to change something as insignifigant as her belly button. ANd he better not either, My daughter doesn't need to hear things like that, God I hate men sometimes.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Men are lazy, and most of them are bastards, but it sound this dude was pretty good except 4 the pj thing. Cut him some slack it could be worse. SMILE!
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• When I started reading this question, I started dreading what I was going to read that he did wrong to your DD. Look, listen to the news sometime and realize that although it's not really good to let her sleep in her clothes, but alot of guys don't want to take the extra time to change the baby into PJs. Not acceptable, but definitely not a TERRIBLE thing, just an annoyance. Be glad he did't seriously neglect or abuse her. So much of that crap going on these days, and if he's a decent guy, thank God for him and forgive him for this minor irritation,.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I know it could be worse, but me and him just had this talk last night about him being way too interested in TV ( I know its a guy thing) and not realizing that she is just a little human being, she cant say, daddy im hungry, im cold, im wet,im tired, i dont feel good. You have to speak for her. And he always says I know I will try harder or whatever and the next day it is the same shit. I know it could be worse, it just bothered me.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My husband did that a lot. It never bothered me. seriously, in the grand scheme of things- it doesn't matter at all. Do you tink when she is 18 you'll look back and think how much better her life would be if her dad put her in sleepers when she was a baby/toddler.

I try not to get upset at husband over the small stuff. They usualy fell asleep with their clothes on and hardly any man is going to wake a sleeping baby just to change it's clothes. then they'd have a crying baby to get back to sleep. neither would I. "Let Sleeping Babies Lie" was my motto
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• sure she can say those things-- it's just WAILING and SCREAMING- which usually do get most men's attention eventually
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Are you kidding me! so your child was left in clothes while they slept... big deal! There are worse things that men do when taking care of their children to be worried about.. Give the man some slack on that one... and just kindly tell him next time that you would like her to be in pajamas when she sleeps....
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You know I dont think I would have cared so much if it were summer time out, but its JUST starting to be spring so she is having lighter clothes on during the day, but night time it gets pretty cold yet and i think thats where my biggest issue lies. She was cold without a blankie... :(
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009