Reposting this from the Travel section:

Ok I asked this in the travel section, but got no replies so I thought I'd try it here. Anyone ever been to Vancouver, BC? My family (hubby, me, 3 kids ages 10, 11, and 4) will be going for an overnight stay in the end of May. What are some things we should do while we are there? Anything that is simply "can't miss?" This is a one-time trip, probably never be going to Canada again. We're going now because we're stationed in Washington state and have never been to Canada, and I know after June a passport is required to visit so we are planning a 2 day trip. Thanks for any info!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I LOVE Vancouver, things you can't miss... Stanley park, there is huge aquarium at the far side it is wonderful. China town is good too. Last time I was there I just wandered around the main street of down town and people watched, that was good fun in it's self.

here is a link to all sorts of good stuff.

http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/RegionsCities/Vancouver.htm?media=cpc&referrer=google-adwords&CMP=KNC-NA&HBX_PK=visiting%20vancouver&HBX_OU=50&gclid=CPWY__viupkCFSQMDQodV3ew7A

I hope you enjoy your time in Canada
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was a teen when we were there. And we were only there for an afternoon (as I recall), so I won't be able to give you any ideas. But whatever you do, have fun! Maybe your local library has a book or two you could check out.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was there in June of '85. chinatown was cool, Stanley park, the farmers market was great! you could drive up to Whistler, the wterfront was awesome and so were the beaches. some great food ( I am sure you know that) I have a cousin in nearby Vernon. I have traveled a lot and Vancouver is one of the best cities I was ever in!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2009