Step Mom buying her daughter a toy at 16?

My step mom says that she is going to buy her daughter a toy to pleasure herself at the age of 16 so that she doesnt have to rely on a man to please her. I think this is just wrong. I cant put it into words why , I just get this feeling thats its wrong. Am I right?

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 12:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I cant imagine anyone buying a toy for anyone they arent intimate with. To do so for a 16 yr old kid is prett out there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yeah it's wrong. That's pushing it just a tad I would say. I think actually that is opening the door for lots of trouble.. Kind of like saying, Yeah, you're a woman and you need sex. BAD IDEA!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That's creepy! I'll bet her stepdaughter will think so too.
    JacesMommy627

Answer by JacesMommy627 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That is creepy JacesMommy!!! WHY IN THE H*LL would she buy her a sex toy??? That is completely inappropriate! It would be creepy to me if my mother bought me a sex toy and I'm 30. NO WAY!! I would say something!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I heard there was this company called Moms Toys or something like that where this woman owns a sex toy shop. Cool! But she got her kids involved into it too. I couldn't sell sex toys with my children, or mother. I couldn't imagine buying on for my child or getting one from my mother. You either get them yourself or get them for/from a partner. I think it is strange, and I think that it is opening a can of worms that needn't be opened. If she is interested, she will find her own ways of masturbating. Your step mother just needs to make sure she has discussed all the repercussions that come with sex so that your step (half) sister is informed. Sorry, not sure of the family ties there!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Are you sure she wasn't just cracking a joke?
    steponme

Answer by steponme at 9:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well think about it if you had a daughter would you rather her use a toy or go out and about with guys and start having sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Borders on sexual abuse....very inappropriate and undoubtedly uncomfortable for the daughter. Of course, if the daughter in question is currently much, much younger than 16, Mom may figure this out on her own well before she actually goes out and does it! She may be saying that outrageous thing to make a point about not needing a man.... Seriously, though, would a 16 year old really think a sex toy was a substitute for attention from a boy anyway? It isn't all about sex...it is about attention, being wanted, being "loved"....and interacting (appropriately or inappropriately) with another person. If masturbation substituted for that, who would ever get into trouble for a boy...or a girl?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 4:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'd wouldn't buy one for my daughter unless she asked me to. But I'd rather her have toy vs a boy. I had one when I was 16 but I bought it myself. Gotta love the internet.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009