I feel trapped! Im going crazy!

So I cringe when my husband touches me and everything he does makes me angry. I hate my life right now and Im just so bored. All I really have that makes me happy is my baby and she is the love of my life. I feel ready to be single and be on my own. My problem is I live thousands of miles from my friends and family, Im a stay at home mom taking online classes so I have no money or income, and where I live its so expensive. The only apartments I could afford even if I was working are tiny little studios. I just want the best life for my wonderful daughter but I feel like my DH holds me back and at the same time I dont know how I would provide it on my own. I just hate feeling this way and Im actually have physical issues too. Any advice? Ive never felt so lost and confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Well i will tell you this as a single mother, no one is "ready" to be a single mother! you may think you are but you aren't trust me! how old is your daughter? do you think maybe this is ppd or something? could you explain the situation a bit more?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sounds like PPD. Maybe have your hubby watch the baby for a couple hours a week. Get out of the house. Really think about what you are doing. We all have felt something similar after we had our babies. This is a rough patch right now. Are you going to run from all tough times or find a way to work through them? Continue to study and focus on your lil one. Talk to your hubby. Find someone to watch the baby and the two of you go out when you can. Your hormones are going wacky right now. It is expected.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• sorry to tell ya but you gotta start somewere a small apt isnt a big deal.. till you get on ur feet.. and if thats whats stopping you maybe it is PPD cause if it was that bad you would care about what kind of apr you could affort
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 1:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I definetly agree with the ladies because I have felt that way before too, but you need to find something for you. Something that is all yours besides your daughter - find your passion and a renewed sense of life. Once you do that then move to the next problem - Ask yourself, is he really that bad - and only answer yes if HE has changed from the person you fell in love with. If not, try to discover how to get the love back because it is hard to raise a child on your own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I need more information. Is there a specific reason you want to leave, or is it just because you are bored? as you say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sounds like you are really unhappy with yourself, you should seek counseling.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Start weighing out your options now. There is alot of other single mothers out there looking for a friend and a roomate. You'll be fine.Don't sacrafice your happiness for anyone.
    tagansmybaby

Answer by tagansmybaby at 9:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 1 and a half and Im on meds for my ppd. He just put me through so much shit this past year and I stuck through it but now the feeling just isnt the same. I tell myself its just a phase but I dont know anymore. And Ive tried having nights out together but hes usually really blah and out of it cause he gets high before we go. Plus we were only together a few months before I got prego and I didnt want to get married but lets just say we got kinda pushed into it. Honestly hes treating better now then he ever has but I just feel over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• will you family and friends back home pitch in to get you and your daughter plane tickets to fly back home and possibly a place to stay till you get on your feet? if you are that miserable i would be maing some phone calls and asking...good luck sweetie
    breebers

Answer by breebers at 7:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• As a SAHM myself, I went through this. I felt trapped in the house with the baby all day, doing all the housework, all the cooking, everything. I felt resentful towards my DH and considered leaving him when our daughter was 8 months old. I love this man, terribly!! I was diagnosed with PPD and got some help. It can be better. Have you talked to your doctor? How was your relationship before your baby came? Being a single mom must be the world's hardest, yet rewarding job, so think it through before you act. Good luck.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 11:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009