Why does everyone have such a problem with others sexuality?

Why are people so homophobic? Are you afraid of them hitting on you or are you just afraid of the life you are completely unaware of? i dont get it, i'm bisexual... i lost alot of friends and family when i finally came out! i have yet to figure out why it bothers people so much? some say its religious but doesn't god say not to judge? Can someone please explain to me why it bothers others so much? especially when they aren't the ones being hit on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly. I like to think that we, as a species are above the animals. But when I think about homosexuality, bisexuality, people having multiple sex partners, three ways, four ways, orgies, etc.. I think that ranks right up there with the animal kingdom. I don't know know why, I just do. That's my honest answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• They are either:
    1) In the closet and jealous as hell that they can't come out at that point in their lives, or
    2) They really don't have anything better to do in their own pathetic lives than to stick their noses in others' private lives.
    Either way, mean & judgemental people suck!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't have a problem except that why do people think they need to tell others who they have sex with. I don't want to be told one way or the other, honestly.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree anon 12:59! I don't know why OP. I think that half are hating it because it's different from them and the other half act like that because they're in the closet. Who cares what people think!! Let them spend time being mad and rotten hating others, while you live a happy life!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

When you are married to a man you are pretty much letting everyone know you are having sex with him right? So then why is being with someone of the same sex "telling you who they are having sex with"? They are just gay or lesbian and with their loved one/partner whatever you want to call their SO.

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sorry, but I have had many gay and lesbian friends suffer because they were born different.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was referring to people who are not with their SO and insist on telling people they are homosexuals. But I'm a prude. I don't around verbally announcing I am heterosexual. of course it is implied if people see me with my husband. I wouldn't really want to have people tell me they are heterosexual either.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• KITER YOU DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!! GAY PEEPS HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE THEY ARE GAY SO THAT THEY KNOW AHEAD OF TIME AND GIVE PEEPS A CHANCE TO ACCEPT THEM FOR WHO THEY ARE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Eh...I don't care...as long as I don't have to watch. Those gross PDA's from heterosexuals or homosexuals are just plain...well...GET A ROOM! Knowing someone is intimate with someone and watching it are two very different things. Otherwise, love is love and it's definitely better than hate.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I know where you are coming from kiter, I get it, kinda because I am they same way only to the extent that I dont care if you are gay straight or whatever if I like you I like you and if I dont I dont, I knew this gay man once who would always tell us about his sexual experiences and to me I dont tell you mine and I dont wanna hear your either no matter who or what its with ya know
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009