Are there ay home remedies for a yeast infection? What are the symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• Plain yogurt, get the good kind. Yeast infections itch and get worse, to the point where you want to look for something to scratch your private with. lol, I used this home remedy back when I was in my 20' and it works. The yogurt contains live cultures that are similar to those that live on your vagina. It is bacteria that needs to live there to kill the bad bacteria.
    About the yougurt: Get the most expensive plain yogurt and apply it directly on you vagina and just lay there for a while.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes Yogurt Works !! It also works on babies that get the really bad diaper rashes that are basically yeast also!!! Just apply yogurt instead of desitin etc...
    mooseymama

Answer by mooseymama at 1:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Plain Greek Yogurt works best. It doesn't have to be the most expensive, but you do want one with plenty of live cultures (probiotics)
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 1:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You can get those live cultures found in yogurt in a much higher concentration in capsules at health food stores or even the drugstore.
    Tea tree oil also works. They actually make suppositories that can also be found in health food stores.
    I wouldn't use the medication (like vagisil... is that what it's called?) without finding out from a doctor if you actually have a yeast infection.
    I think you would probably know if you have one. It's very itchy. Sometimes painful.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I use Tea tree oil. Just be sure to dilute it if you use the actual oil. It you don't it will sting.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm a yogurt person. (You can coat a tampon with yogurt and insert it for about 10 mins too. I haven't done this but I know people who do.)
    Noosh

Answer by Noosh at 12:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009