• In the Spotlight:

What's the perfect age to get married by?

Do you feel that it's better to do it young ( at least 18) or older (40 +)?

Buffie04

Asked by Buffie04 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, If you feel like that person is the one, then either young or old. My grandma was 14 when she got married. And was happily married for 50 years. She was really mature for her age I might add lol.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I got married when I was 15, he was and still is the one for me... I was at the time reallly mature for my age as well.... Now that im 24, people tell me I act like a 40yr old. Thanks guys! lol! IMO age dont matter, only how mature and ready you are for a life of marriage and commitment.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was engaged twice, at 18 ( I broke off engagment)and at 22(I broke off engagement) and then at 25 I married my ex-husband! lol! Yeah, I was a bad judge of character back then. I did get the most awesome little guy out of my marriage though and he is going to grow up to be a perfect husband,lol!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• 35!! That is how old I was and I would do it the same way again!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think around 25 is a good age. You are still young enough to enjoy all the pleasures of a young couple, but by that age you are pretty sure of where you are going in your life and, hopefully, matured.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009