I'm moving in a week....have a mouse to take care of...help!!! (Not really just for fun, but where would I put this question?)

OK....I have a mouse (or mice) that is living in my stove. We've had them in the past, and got rid of them (DH does it, I can't) Anyway, moving next week and I want to make sure I don't take anybody with me. In your experiences, what's the best way to ensure that? Poison, or traps?

3galsmomma

Asked by 3galsmomma at 1:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• both. just to cover your basis
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes noth, just be sure to get the body out as it will smell so bad for next people. Normally mice do not pack up with you but to be sure, make sure you catch/retrieve the bodies.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• What we have done in the past is seal up all little holes in the house. I mean if your pinky can come close to in a whole it needs to be sealed. Like the space around pipes, wires or whatever. You have to get down and crawl and move funiture away from the walls. Move the stove and fridge as well...anything that can move, move it away and check for any holes. Get the foam spray and seal up those holes. Also check the seal to the exterior doors. We set out live traps and set them free way in the woods. But use traps. Poisons can cause other animals to be sick. good luck
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't think we'll have a problem where were moving to, but the house I'm in now is 150 year old. Blah, can't imagine sealing all these holes. That's one of the reasons I'm moving!! Love old houses, I really do, but looking forward to a newer one. Thanks for the advice everyone! I just hope I don't find a nest or anything.
    3galsmomma

Answer by 3galsmomma at 2:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Just tell him/them to pack their bags cause you're moving. Maybe they feel like a part of your family?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• LMAO Gigi, seriously!! I tried that, but it fell on deaf ears, kinda like when my MIL overstays her visits
    3galsmomma

Answer by 3galsmomma at 2:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009