he's wanting to nurse again

My son has been off nursing for about two weeks now...it was really easy for him and my milk is gone now. It was our choice to stop nursing. Today he kept buggin me for a boobie and wouldnt stop why all of a sudden is he asking for it? (14months old)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Because he probably misses the closeness and the nursing. Just tell him no and offer him a sippy cup
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes he prolly wanted the comfort of it. when he asks simply say no we dont do that anymore and distract him with a toy, book, snuggle. show him that he can be close and bond with you w/o nursing.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You can go the distraction and cuddle route or just let him nurse again. It's not going to hurt anything (unless you're very against it) You might still have milk even though you don't feel full, but I agree it's probably the closeness he's wanting not the nursing part. My son weaned almost 18 months ago & I haven't dried up yet.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• He misses it. Do you mind nursing him? If not, let him. He's still young.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It sounds more like a nursing strike and not weaning to me. If you don't mind nursing longer then I would offer again. If you haven't dried up yet (which you may well not have) then he will probably continue for a little while longer. If you have dried up then he will probably just let things go at that and you can cuddle instead.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009