god forgives.

someone told me that gay people wont get into heaven... but i was just wondering, god forgives all sins right? so if he forgives all sins how would they not get into heaven? not trying to start anything i really am just curious....i mean if he forgives all sins then i dont understand why they wouldnt get into heaven. im not religious, and i have ALOT of gay friends, im not saying being gay is a sin, but some religions( i think) believe that it does so im curious .....again i am NOT trying to offend anyone in any way whats so ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was taught that the only sin that cannot be forgiven is suicide as you are destroying permanently the temple God blessed you with. I do not believe being gay is a sin, love is love and God=love. But on the off chance it is a sin, then it is God's place to judge, not mine...also for those who will say"the bible says man laying with man is an abomination in the eyes of God" well there are parts of the bible that describe fathers having kids with their own daughters, so explain that one lol.The bible is full of contradictions, I have read it cover to cover, and I think that like I said, God is the judge of what is forgivable...gay straight murderer or saint.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• goodness...we dont get attacked on here a lot do we (sarcasm) you poor thing you are panicked! I believe that god does forgives sins that were truly accidents. We all sin but not on purpose but in ignorance. Some people sin knowing they sin! I think God knows of who is meaning good and whom isnt.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• and hon do not worry about offending others with this post, IMO you had a question and asked it respectfully...that being said prepare yourself to get all the hosility ove rthe gay/sin thing. :o(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• ok well my family, they are all christians, and in the bible it says a man should be with a women, but it also says you ask for gods forgivness and youll get it. so if a gay person asked god for it would they get it? i dont know im confused, ive been trying to find a religion for years, and its not easy, i beieve in certain things from all religions. but this one really bothered me about all....well not bothered me but made me even more curious....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• oh and thanks....to both of you....i appreciate the information and opinions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• God forgives every sin but blaspheming the holy ghost. But you have to ask him to 4give you.. If you don't ask him and you die or Jesus comes back you will not be in heaven that is what the bible says.. So whenever we sin we have to ask for forgiveness even if you don't know that we have sinned because no sin will enter into the Kingdom of God

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We are taught that we must "Repent" (meaning we feel bad for what we did once we understand it's wrong) and "Turn Around" (meaning to go away from the sin that we were doing) Peter said to Jews at the temple: “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the person of Jehovah.” (Ac 3:15, 19) Here he instructed them that repenting of their bad deed against Christ and ‘turning around,’ to recognize him, was what brought forgiveness of sin; he did not at this point mention baptism.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• God forgives sins he has been asked to, rather than the ones he has NOT been asked to. if you dont ask for forgiveness, and repent, then you will not e forgiven. but God will forgive ANY sin, no matter what, as long as He is asked to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Does that include abortion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• There is nothing to "forgive" since being gay is a natural way of being. How could GOD be angry with someone for having the "wrong" amount of chromosones mixed in, which, by the way makes a person gay or straight?
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009