• In the Spotlight:

Where were you when...

you thought you might be pregnant? Where did you take your test? What was your first reaction?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 2:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it was Christmas morning and suddenly my 'period' (which I was oh so thankful to get because it was a few weeks late) STOPPED after a few hours. I was not going to tell my husband til the next day but I couldn't keep it to myself so I told him and we got a pregnancy test. It was positive and I freaked out and cried, then I calmed down and started planning to make it work.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was at a graduation party for the girl who my ex (the father) was then dating. I felt a little sick, and I don't think pregnancy would have popped into my mind, but my best friend just found out she was pregnant two weeks beforehand. I went home (my parent's house, I was 18) and took a test. I was really devastated to find out. She's my world now, but it was a big adjustment.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• OMG I was at work and just could not get the thought out of my head so at lunch I ran to the store and got a pregnancy test....I wanted to wait for my hubby BUT I just could not I was so excited....SO I went to the bathroom used the test and went and sat in my car where I waited the longest minutes of my life. It was POSITIVE and I called my hubby and he was so HAPPY he cried.
    WOW......that will be a moment I will NEVER forget.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The first time? I don't remember where I was when I first thought about it, but I had called my friend (I was 17 at the time) and we decided I should take a test. I didn't have one at the time, and had no money to buy one, so I went to school the next day and I was a complete wreck!!! My best friend (who is male!) drove me to Planned Parenthood that very afternoon (my now-hubby was the father, he was on a bus going to work so I couldn't call him) and he waited with me while I found out. Boy did he get some horrible looks, everyone thought it was his at Planned Parenthood lol. Then he drove me to meet up with my SO at a friends house (since we had finally gotten in contact with him. So basically my friend was the first one I told I suspected it, my best friend was the first one to find out for sure, and my now-husband was the third to find out along with 3 of our friends lol. Sadly, I miscarried but now have 3 wonderful kids!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• With my son, I knew the exact moment it happened. SERIOUSLY!! Then I told my then Husband, and NO ONE BELIEVED ME! So I went and took a test, and it was negative, and the next 4 after that were negative as well, but I knew I was pregnant. Finally, 6 weeks later, it showed up positive, so I went to the doctor and he said that I was 6 weeks along. I KNEW IT!! With my daughter, I knew as well, but it wasnt until a couple days after the night we made love. Anyway, both times, the fathers were the first to know.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I waltzed into work, as I did every day, taking a deep breath, enjoying the leather/sweet pea aroma the candles at the store let out! This day I barfed. I didn't even get in a whole breath! Lunch, my supervisor and my coworker closed the store and we went to walmart. I couldn't wait to get back to the store to take the test, so I jumped in a stall in the Walmart bathroom! Little did I know there was a lady 2 stalls down pooping... holding it until I got up... Oh I was embarrassed, thought she may have thought I was holding out and waiting on her to flush and leave. When the ClearBlue said "Pregnant" I squealed, and my first thought wasn't "Where's DH?!" it was, "How do I tell my mom?!"

(was 22)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was at work (wal mart, lol) when a 16 yo girl bought a test. I thought about it for a whole 2 seconds and said. "omg.... I haven't had a period in two months!" I bought a double test on my next break. I kept telling myself it wasn't happening, bc I was told by several drs that I would never have kids due to something wrong with my ovaries. Went to the bathroom and took the first. It came up barely positive, told myself it was lying. Took the other test the next morning, pos again. went to the health dept, pos again. I threw up and cried for hours. I told my bestie first.
    Turns out, it happened on my 21st bday. I was really upset bc I didn't and still don't love the father or want to be with him.
    I'm really happy it happened now. I can't wait to meet my son.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 3:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well, we had just gotten married and were living in my rundown studio apartment in Rochester, NH. I secretly bought a test kit and did it early one morning. When it came out positive I was so scared, yet really excited. I woke him up and told him and he didn't say anything at all. Just rolled over and went back to sleep. I guess that should have been my first warning of how the marriage would go.
    Anyhow, I have a beautiful 20 year old daughter who now has an even more beautiful 7 week old daughter!
    God is so good!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I just had this feeling. I had gas and I NEVER have gas problems. I was also really moody. I couldn't figure out why. But then I just had this gut feeling that I was pregnant. It was too early to take a pregnancy test so I waited. But I swear I just knew less than a week after it actually happened. So I went to a store far away from my house (small town, people talk) and bought a Clear Blue Easy Digital test. I still remember looking at the box. I peed on it as soon as I got home and it said pregnant. So I took another one to be sure and then told my husband. He was so shocked and didn't say anything until the next morning. Our son is now 2 and we are incredibly happy. For me though, it wasn't any clear sign, just this strong gut feeling.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Ii was a Saturday morning. Just two months after marriage.I was floored. My mom had trouble in the beginning of pregnancies so I thought I would be like her. But with modern technology and eating healthy and taking vitamins I had a fat gaining pregnancy, but my water broke and had no problems delivering him 14 hours later. Naturally too.
    Anonymous