Molested by older brother (part 1)

2 wks ago my friends 12 yr. old daughter called me & said that she was being molested by her older brother (he's 17). i immediately made sure that the mom knew & the lil girl has been with me since. The mother on the other hand seems to be more concerned with the Brother & has not removed him from her home nor has she seeked any help for him. The girl on the other hand has been @ my home & her mom has barely made any attempts to see her. She has 2 other girls @ home ages 8&15. & the 15 yr old also addmitted to being molested by the brother before numerous times, but (15 yr old)seems to think that it wasn't a big deal. The 12 yr old I've got @ my home has pleaded with me to not call authorities cause she knows that they'll take her into foster care. I'm torn cause I know that what the brother did was WRONG! & I want to make sure that 12 yr old is okay, seems like I'm the only one who cares. I don't want to betray her & tell...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT....I AM NOT SURE WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT HERE IN TEXAS WHEN CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICE IS INVOLVED THEY TRY TO USE A "SAFETY PLAN" BEFORE PUTTING A CHILD INTO FOSTER CARE. THE SAFETY PLAN USUALLY CONSIST OF FAMILY OR CLOSE FRIENDS THAT AGREE TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILD, BUT REALIZE THEY WILL MORE THEN LIKELY TAKE THE OTHER TWO GIRLS OUT OF THE SITUATION AS WELL. GOOD LUCK.....I KNOW YOU WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT!!
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 3:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009