Is sharp pain in abdomen a sign of ectopic preg, 6 weeks preg?

soon as i lied down it stopped hurting. it was on the right side. this is the first time this has happened. i am not able to see a dr at the moment. i am also a workout fanatic (weight lifting and cardio). haven't had any bleeding and only nausea at the beginning of day or if hungry.

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 7:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not necessarily, but you will probably want to move yourself into the realm of a "workout fan" and not a "workout fanatic" during your pregnancy.

i had lots of sharp pains with my 3rd pregnancy. my midwife always told me that it was just my ligaments stretching...even before i thought they should need to stretch.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• With my first pregnancy I did have a lot of pain at the beginning. I lost a lot of weight right before I got pregnant and my doctor told me that because I started out so thin that I was feeling my ligaments stretching earlier. Although I do agree with fluud7. Until you see the doctor I would decrease the amount that you are exercising especially lifting weights. Once you see your doctor you can get a specific list of excersies that are safe. Better safe than sorry.

maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 9:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2009