I Have Alot Of Morning Sickness; And I Used To Use Marajuana, If I Smoke; Here And There; Would It Be Harmful To The Baby?

Please Get Back To Me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i will let you know alot of moms who think they are perfect will bash you for this post i dont think it would hurt but i wouldnt do it for the baby
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• There ARE other means to help with your sickness. My mother was sick her whole pregnancy with me and SHE sucked it up. Why would you even consider smoking anything while pregnant? Isn't your baby more important then how you feel at this moment? Talk to your OB. Maybe change your prenatals to Flintstones and take them at night. Have some crackers, ginger ale on your night stand and eat and drink before getting out of bed. SELFISH to consider any other means that could and will harm a baby before even born!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• mememe27, all about you I see. It's not about any parent being "perfect" it's about doing right by your child/children. Doing what a mother is supposed to do. Nurture and care for her child/children during pregnancy and after. HAGD.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• "mmm drugs are bad mmmkay." Find other ways to calm your stomach-lemon drops, ginger, sprite, crackers or call your Dr. for a legal medication.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• umm anon7:41 i see your hiding like always
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was severly sick my whole pregnancy with my DD. You are gonna have to suck it up...there will be worses things when you actually HAVE the baby to dea with you mind as well get used to it now. If you feel that bad your doc can give you antinausia pills.
    TJP_ASP_MOMMY

Answer by TJP_ASP_MOMMY at 8:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I know someone who smoked regularly during pregnancy, and so far her kid seems fine - but who knows what issues he might or might now have when he's older? It's a personal decision but one I wouldn't make for myself, because I wouldn't want to even take the risk of hurting my child. If it's an unknown, which it is, stay on the safe side. You're gonna have to do like everyone else does - deal with the puking, talk to your doctor, and hang in there.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 8:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You need to talk to your doctor to get something that is not going to hurt your child. I have no idea what effect MJ could have one your baby but personally I would never chance it.

Good luck, Hope the sickness eases soon.
    mom2angelz

Answer by mom2angelz at 8:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• im gonna get bashed for this but............many a midwife has recomened smoking (i even know a few drs who agree) to ease morning sickness. even to reduce stress during labor. google your question there is not a lot of information on it but there is some. It cant be studdied because of proabition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I smoked it for that reason, didn't have a day of morning sickness through both my pregnancies. MY children are fine. The smoke doesn't get into there lungs, the THC might pass through the placenta. I don't know if your familiar with pharmies but after a c-section they dope you up on pain killers like percocet and vicodin, even when your breastfeeding, my baby slept all the time while I was on those meds. If you are a marijuana smoker then you know theres a big difference between these manmades, and the god made! The doctors would rather you be comfertable b/c it's really not doing a big harm on the baby! Yeah these ladies are right you should nurture your child, you wouldn't give your 3 month old a spliff, or pills. To everyone their own, what works for some people may not for other, stop being so judgemental ladies. Who are you the gate keeper! I know none of us are angels so I'll see you in hell.
    tlstew84

Answer by tlstew84 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2009