What would cause a printer to not respond?

I just bought the printer, it is brand new as of yesterday, the computer is only 4 months old. When I try to print something, it doesn't print, the connection is just fine, but the printer just won't print! It says busy, or ready, but nothing happens, does anyone know what could cause this? If you want to read the story on it, it is in my journal posts! Thanks in advance!

babygrlsmommy

Asked by babygrlsmommy at 7:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Go to the website of the printer's company. Contact them, or find the way to contact them in the instruction manual. Did you install any software that came with it? Have you stopped and started your computer? That's all I know to suggest.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Mine does that from time to time. I usually just turn it off and give up. But then the next time I turn it on, all the times I hit "print" before is stored in it and it starts printing all of them. So annoying. I have never found a way to remedy the print problem.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Unplug the printer from the back of the computer. Turn off the computer. Plug the printer back in and restart. If you restart without unplugging the printer it may not work. Because the printer is new, there may just be a glitch in the installation. If restarting doesn't work, reinstall the printer software then restart your computer.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2009