How can I get a job online?

i despratly an extra income but have no money to invest on a biz opp so i need a job can anyone help me or give me some advice as to what I can do at home, I am only 17 i won't be 18 till july and i need something for now.

familiabebeG

Asked by familiabebeG at 8:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm with you! I need something to do maybe online or something.
    And BTW- if a business where I have to PAY THEM to start, then keep it... That's just silly to me.
    Lakemom22

Answer by Lakemom22 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Most online companies will require you to be 18 before they will hire you.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I started looking online for stuff I could do from home and found some great places.  I have made a list of places that I have used (only free ones), I know they're all legit because I don't list them until I've been paid by them. Nothing to lose by looking, it's free to get started. You can see my list and details on these places at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Most home businesses DO require a start up fee, but a few don't. I'm a consultant with DiamondCreek Candles, and you do get a free 30 day trial. So I suggest you try it free for a month and see if you make any cash. If you do, and you want to continue, you can do so for only $5 a month, which is really amazingly reasonable! And your catalogue is online, so you don't have to carry inventory, do parties (unless you want to), or deliver orders.  It's pretty straightforward.  I've only been doing it for about a week, and I put an ad in the myspace classifieds and I actually got invited to see them at the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in my area.

Give it a try, see if you like it, it's free!  and if you stay with it it's cheap!  and if you don't like it, there's no obligation.

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I worked at a daycare once becuase I could bring in the kids for free;or you can at least work at one with discounted childcare. I have a work at home business,but you must be 18
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I just started working from home with an online pharmaceutical company. It's great b/c you can set your own hours and it doesn't take a ton of time. If you're interested you can email me, vfuemmel@hotmail.com, or visit http://www.team2succeed.com/positive for an online web seminar about the company.
    vfuemmel

Answer by vfuemmel at 3:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. As previously stated, either will most likely require you to be 18 first.

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009