what age can you put a baby in jogging stroller and then go for a run?

jennykid11

Asked by jennykid11 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well i got a body and dead support that you put in a car seat and would take my infant daughter... i wouldnt run i would walk fast.... and i would also put a tons of blankets around her so she had a lot of cushion
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I put mine in hers at 1 week and went for a walk. Go for it if your ready.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• as long as the terrain fits the child it should be fine... like a newborn- make sure your not running on rocks or making the stroller bounce around alot lol.. but once they are a few months old & have more control over their head you a few small bumps wont bother them..
    As long as you personally feel safe doing it & can keep your balance with the stroller go for it.. If the baby is younger than 2mo I would talk to your doc. to make sure your own body is ready for a run.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was told 6 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It depends if the stroller reclines or not. If baby can be reclining and stable, I don't see any reason you couldn't start right away. If baby's upright, he needs to be able to hold his head up by himself -- usually 6 months is safe.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with Emily Susan. My jogger doesn't recline, so 6 months, but it does have an infant sling, so you can do it earlier with that. Just check on the jogger you have. If your LO is sitting up well, you're probably fine, but if not, then he/she needs to be reclined.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009