how can i get my toddler to help pick up her toys?

I have tried to make it a game i have threaten time out and nothing... MOMS HELP ME! While I am picking up she will read which i do not care that she reads but purposly throwing toys everywhere and watching me pick them up is just getting crazy!

MyGodSent

Asked by MyGodSent at 8:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make a chart. Every time she picks up, give her a star. If she gets enough stars she can have something special, like going to the icecream store or toystore or whatever she loves. This has always worked for kids i have taken care of. Maybe becuase it works towards something, it gives them a lil spark under their butt, and they can check it, look at it & see how close they are to their prize. It really helped me.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Cut the number of toys she has out by 3/4th. Put them away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't know....she is a toddler...can they even do that? Mine never did....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i agree with # 1 also me and my son age 3 likes to hear pick em up put em back. i dunno but seems to work.lol. and i would take the book away and say u need to pick up the toys then u can read so come on lets go. u might have to sound stren. good luck mama xo.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009