Would you say you are a Clean Freak, or Laid back cleaner, Or clean just when people stop by kinda person?

I guess I could say I am more of the laid back cleaner. I really do not dust, but once every 2 months, I make sure the kitchen and bathrooms are cleaned and floors are swept daily and make sure my family has clean clothes. But I have never been that crazy cleaning mom. I have a sister in law, and her house is eat off the floor clean! her kids have to have a napkin under there plates at the dinner table to catch the crumbs. I can say we are not that close they live 5 minutes away and we have only been over a total of 3 times.

Goldenbrowny

Asked by Goldenbrowny at 9:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like to have my house clean all the time...but with this crowd working against me I don't always get to keep it clean. So I guess out of the 3 choices I'll fall in the middle. Once the kids are bigger and aren't so needy and making constant messes it will be a little different. They can contain their messes to their rooms then.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If I can SEE a mess somewhere I become a clean freak.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think i'm a little of all three i am a clean freak in the kitchen and bathroom laid back cleaner in the bedrooms and living room and only really dust and polish for company
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 9:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't have kids at home any more.So my house stays fairly mess free. But I consider myself a laid back cleaner. My house is not a mess. But I do not dust all the time,maybe once a month,   I vacuum once a week and clean the bathrooms once a week....But I make the bed,,,do the dishes daily and make sure things that are laying around are put up.. If I know in advance some one is comming over I will clean really good.

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I used to be more of a stop by cleaner and now I am more of a laid back cleaner. My kitchen, bathrooms and laundry are done. My living room is consumed by baby gear. When we have company coming I find my living room so that people can actually sit.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I used to be a clean freak...but having kids makes you lower your expectations. Now I don't go on a huge anally clean mission unless company comes over, which is rare. So yeah, there's dishes in the sink, and I dust occasionally, but not EVERYTHING like I used to, I don't remember when the last time was I actually DEEP cleaned the bathtub. Funny thing is that I don't hate cleaning...but with a baby who doesn't like tummy time and a crazy 4yr old who destroys all my hard work, it's doesn't feel like the most useful way to spend my time.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 9:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm a "i'll get to it when i get to it and if you dont like it you dont have to come over" kinda cleaner. my living room and office is frequently littered by toys, and sometimes some clothes (my daughter has this thing about getting intot he dirty laundry basket, and making a nest out of the clothes)
    Often if you go into my kitchen, there are dishes in the sink.
    my bathroom mirror? usually splashed with tooth paste spitttle and whatnot.

That being said my house isn't DIRTY. Your socks arnt going to get dirty form walking on my floors (but i wouldnt eat off them either) and my family always has clean clothes, the toilets are never left nasty (which is a big job with german toilets) and there arnt ditry dishes or old food laying about outside of the kitchen.

Am i a clean freak? far from it.
    Is my house dirty? not close.

I read an article that says instead of women spending the day cleaning, they spend it over mothering.
    Brandie_xo

Answer by Brandie_xo at 9:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I used to be a clean freak, but once my son turned two and made messes just by looking into a room, I had to calm down a bit. I was starting to stress him out. LoL. I'd say I'm pretty laid back, I don't dust nearly as often as I need but its not gross. I do the dishes every day and laundry every few. I sweep once or twice a day. I clean the bathroom two or three times a week, depending on how much of mess my husband and son make in it... sometimes it feels like I'm cleaning it twice a day tho. LoL.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am a clean freak at work, a laid back cleaner with the majority of it at home. I used to be really freaky about it, but I can't now. I just don't have the time or the energy. I am a I do it when I get to it. My dishes are done with the exception of breakfast, the trash was taken out this morning and all the clothes except PJs from last night are clean. However, there are toys on the living room floor, I should dust, and I am going to clean the bathroom at some point before work tonight.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would have to say that I am a clean person. I dust once a week, clean my floorsevery day, dishes every day, laundery every day, I clean my frig 2 times a month, my bathrooms get cleaned every day, my windows once a week, and by the way I love to clean. We do have some cluter, but we have a small house. Bran
    Bran421

Answer by Bran421 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009