• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone's husband ever put work before you?

I'm due with our 2nd any day now and last night husb brought work to do at home (this is extra work that he does which no one else will help pick up the slack at his work) anyway I was having a horrible time with back ache and dizziness he walked me to the couch and sat me down and then left to go back to do his work...um...lol its funny, but I'm thinking I need to find someone else to take me to L&D if it happens so he can work on this project cause it seems to be really really important..ugh, so anyway what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't want to come off rude-BUT what did you expect him to do? He can't take away how bad you feel. He took you to the couch-what else could he have done?

Sounds to me that your hormones are kinda crazy and you need to relax. I wouldn't take away his chance to be in labor with you-he's working for a paycheck and that's important for both of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• worse answer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• men are just like that though normally they put everything in front first..........my husband did that when i was pg with my 2nd child and he also left 5 hours away and i was 8months pg....yea its not right but hey its money coming in (unless your rich or something) than that could be a problem for you
    Anonymous

• OP, ok ladies so then what do I do?  Do I just keep going about my business and not say a word, not express to him I'd like for us to spend time together?  Just let him work cause I mean money is what's key here?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• that sucks, does he know it bothered you a lot? Sometimes guys NEED to be told...as he is very busy he maybe didn't realize you wanted some help.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You should feel blessed that he can bring the work home and spend time with you. Do you know how many women have to give birth alone because their husbands are at work in a war zone?? Does that mean they don't love their family- no! It is a responsibility that comes with the job. You can suck it up and realize he does these things FOR YOU or you can whine and pout about it and be miserable..
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Anon jerk wow, I agree with pp you need to have a talk with him. Don't get too upset to not have him take you if you do go into labor.
    HappyOLucky

Answer by HappyOLucky at 9:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That's the story of my married life! But I can't complain too much, he busts his ass so that I don't have to work. And usually when he brings work home, it has come down to bring it home and talk while he's doing it or he stays at work an extra hour or two and we don't get to see or talk to each other. I've never been MAD about it, but there have been times when I get IRRITATED that he's got so much to do. But then I just remind myself that I get to stay home like I've always wanted, and lately (I'm pregnant as well) I'll get a little teary because of his sweetness for sacrificing so much for us and give him a big teary kiss and a hug and he justs laughs at me for being so emotional.

Man I love him!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Men react this way when it's time for babies to enter a family. We have our 'freak outs' and they do too. This is how they handle them. I'm sure your husband is worried about the finacial stability of your family and is trying to do as much as possible to ensure you and the kids are well taken care of. If you need more attn from him try telling him "I would like for you to spend more time with me" and then ask him when he can set aside time so you are both getting what you need. Your getting the time and he still can work and feel better about the upcoming baby that he is 100% ready (financially) it's a good thing he is doing this... Better then him quitting his job and walking out. In his own weird manly way he is 'protecting' your family and doing his own prep
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• he works all the time picking up everyone else's slack, the problem I have with it is he becomes EXTRA busy when there's something important going on, like when one of my family members died he wouldn't leave work unless I asked him too, and NO he's not having an affair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2009